Question
Posted by: Matho | 2008/10/10

Anxiety

Good day

I' ll be going for my drivers test very soon &  I know that situations like that makes me feel anxious that I even tramble at times. Are there any pills that can help me relax? I don' t have medical aid so I will have to buy them from the pharmacy.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

I'm not sure there's anything available without prescription that would be helpful. Beware of medications that would be sedating --- if you fall asleep during the test, the examiner will NOT be impressed ! ON prescription --- and not very expensive if one uses one of the older varieties, there are drugs called Beta-Blockers, which while they don't help the psychological aspects of your anxiety, do calm the body --- reducing the racing pulse, sweaty hands, trembling, etc. Ideally, a few sessions of CBT counselling would help you learn to be relaxed and effective without medications at all.