Question
Posted by: fayaz | 2008/09/10

anxiety

sir i am 18 years ld student .my problem is i cannot control my sexual feelings .whenever i sit before internet then i am in uncontrolled state.please give me suggestion how to get rid of this problem?

Expert ImageTeen expert

if you mean that you are looking at porn on the internet and are doing this a lot then you may need to consider how you can minimise your computer use when alone. If there are other people around you are less likely to enagage in looking at these sites. Another option to consider is downloading a programme called netnanny which once installed will prevent you from accessing certain sites - especially ones with sexual content. Whilst this will not stop how you feel it will make accessing these sites a whle lot more difficult.

Having strong sexual urges in the teen years is very normal, so it is about developing a healthy sexuality and attitude to sex rather than trying to stop it or pretend it isnt there. If the problem persists you may want to consider seeing a therapist to talk these matters through.

Try to approach it from the perspective of wanting to do things differently and in a more healthy way rather than being negative or punitive towards yourself.

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/04

I' m fifteen.and my anxiety is out of control.I can' t seem to get any help.

Posted by: Kman | 2008/09/10

Hi There,

As I have said to other people, you are at a age where your hormones are controlling your body. Having sexual feelings is completely normal. I know these feelings can be overwhelming and extremely intense but they will start to ease eventually.
I would suggest you try your best to stay away from the internet when you have these feelings as you will obviously start viewing pornography. As I have said before, pornography is very addictive.

Best of Luck!

Reply to Kman