Question
Posted by: ANX | 2011-02-16

ANX

Hope that you can shed some light for me, I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder, not on any meds  occasionally take Urbanol if things get too much for me (I just don’ t believe in meds.

I have this terrible feeling like system overload too much information trying to enter my mind at once, especially when driving feelings like everything is spinning round me so fast and my thoughts start racing, like there are too many places to look… .very horrid feeling, anyway is this part of the anxiety or perhaps something else.
Really appreciate your input, thanks

Light shed where possible, even when my batteries are a bit flat. Sounds like the anxiety is becoming more of a problem at some times. Especially as you say you don't like using meds where possible ( and I prefer trying to manage anxiety without meds ) you should look inot CBT, Cognitive-behaviour Therapy, an effective method of talking therap which doesn't take very long, and helps you learn to control such anxiety by your own efforts.
The unpleasant feelings you describe are probably a part of the anxiety, though I suppose there are a couple of other possibilities. As you'd see a psychologist for CBT, that psychologist should of course do a proper assessment carefully, to confirm that this is anxiety and to check whether anything else needs attention

1