Posted by: Candi | 2012-09-25

I suffer with sinuses severely, I am 24 years old, my GP has put me on many different medication. I have been on chronic antihistamines from th eage of 18. I started off with 1 AP Loratdine, and then I was put onto Texa for the last 4 months. Until i had an extreme sinus attack 3 weeks back. He doc put me on Deselyx every night for a month.
The problem that i am having is that I feel very hungry for the past few weeks, can this medication make me eat more?
Also i spoke to my pharmacist he told me being on any antihistamine fro a prolonged period of time is bad for me, and they all do have a tendancy to increase your appetite. Is this true?
Would it be suggestable to use a steroid nasal spray daily?
I am in the process of losing weight, so i would really like to know if the reason for my weight gain is beacuse of the Antihistamines.

Thank you in advance

Yes, antihistamines can increase your appetite and a corticosteroid nasal spray is a very good alternative. I suggest that you consult an ENT specialist, as you might need an operation to clear your sinusses.