Question
Posted by: Lucille | 2010/08/16

antihistamines

My daughter is age 4. She has allergic rhinitis, which we started treating with Allecet, but then a pharmacist told me that I might as well use Allergex, because it works just as well. I have no problem with the Allergex, but I want to know what the long term effects of these things are. I give her 5ml a day 5 days a week. She seems to be ok for 2 days without Allergex, but if I dont give it to her on the third day she has a nose bleed. Please advise..

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Lucille

For long-term use I'd suggest switching to Deselex (or a generic). Although safety and efficacy with prolonged use have not been established, many children have used it for weeks.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/08/17

Hi Lucille

Reply to pharmacist