Question
Posted by: ILSE | 2009/09/15

ANTIHISTAMINE ADVICE

MY 3 YEAR OLD SUFFERS FROM ALLERGIES AND AS WE LIVE IN A REMOTE AREA WE DON' T HAVE READY ACCESS TO DOCTORS. I WAS ADVISED TO GIVE MY DAUGHTER ANTIHISTAMINE TO CURB HER ALLERGY (POLLEN/DUST) BUT I HAVE RECEIVED SO MANY NAMES OF PRODUCTS I CAN USE AND DON' T KNOW WHICH IS BEST. DESELEX, ZYRTEC AND SINUTAB (NEW PRODUCT) WERE MENTIONED. COULD YOU ADVISE ME WHICH ONE WOULD BE BEST SUITED FOR HER?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Ilse

All of these should be effective: The Zyrtec and new Sinutab both contain the same active ingredient. Deselex is a newer product, and also very good.

My suggestion: Start with the Zyrtec and if no effect is seen after 6 weeks, switch to deselex.

All the best!