Question
Posted by: katty | 2008/07/11

Antideprisante en spermtelling

Hi doc

Help asb , my man gebruik Cilift antidepressante maar ons sukkel al geruime tyd om swanger te raak. Hy het dit voorheen gebruik en vir amper 2 jaar gelos maar nou weer begin. Watse effek het dit op sy spermtelling?

Dear Katty

Drugs such as antidepressants and antihypertensive treatments may affect the sperm count and quality in some individuals. If in your specific case you need to find out if the antidepressant that your husband is taking is affecting you as a couples chances of conception then I would suggest that a sperm test be done. If the sperm test is normal then his usage of antidepressants is not affecting his ability to conceive.