Posted by: Lily | 2009-01-27

antidepressants and weight gain

I have been taking cylift (20mg p/d) for over a year now and have subsequently gained 10 kg. Is there something else I can take? The weight gain and loss of libido is in turn making me feel more depressed.

All antidepressants encourage weight gain in SOME people who take them, none do it in everyone. Diet and exercise still work. Most antidepressants cause loss of libido in SOME of those who take them, none do it in everyone, and some are unlikely to have this effect. These are among the factors your psychiatrist would take into account in selecting the right antidepressant for yo, and it is him you need to discuss this with, as he should know other relevant details about you and your depression, to help make the best recoomendation to you