Question
Posted by: lala | 2011-05-12

Antidepressants and pregnancy

Just want to know, I am currently taking Cipralex, an antidepressant but just for 4 months now after suffering from anxiety. I want to fall pregnant in the near future. What should I do, stop taking the anti-depressants gradually, I am not sure whether one can take it during pregnancy. Would it be wise to stop the medication now, after I have only been on it for 4 months now, will be anxiety be more likely to return?

It can be used in pregnancy. You should not stop your medication without discussion with your doctor.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-05-13