Question
Posted by: Lientjie | 2008/07/10

ANTIDEPRESSANTS AND PREGNANCY

I've been on Cipralex 10mg for almost a year, which has helped me a lot with anxiety and emotional problems. Me and my hubby have decided in January 2008 to try for a baby, but my doctor advised me to stop the antidepressants as soon as possible. I haven't been taking the antidepressants for almost 5 months (I've been taking herbal drops as prescribed by my doctor - it doesn't help at all). My relationships with people has deteriorated.

Can I take the above-mentioned antidepressant while trying for a baby, and while pregnant?

Cipramil is relatively safe in pregnancy. Antidepressants should not be stopped suddenly in pregnancy because there is a high recurrence rate of depression.

Best wishe

3
Posted by: Jane | 2008/07/15

I went for a visit to my gynie on Friday 11th, and she told me Cipralex is safe during pregnancy, I'm currently on the Cipralex 10 mg.

Reply to Jane
Posted by: Tieta | 2008/07/11

Go to your doctor and he will prescribe you a AD that is safe to use during preganancy, as my doc did. Cannot remember what it was and I was safe and fine.

Reply to Tieta
Posted by: CE | 2008/07/11

Hi Lientjie, I'm also on Cipralex (5mg/day) and we're also trying for a baby. I have tried to stop the medication on my own, but i end up biting people's heads off, so i went back on it. I would also like to know if it's safe during pregnancy, and how to ween off the tablets without any major side affects.
Let's see what doc says ;-)

Reply to CE