Question
Posted by: Worried | 2012-04-19

Antidepressants and other medicine

I just want to know if one can use some other medicine together with antidepressants such as Cymgen. I started to feel sick (a cold with a lot of mucus on my chest). I bought ACC over the counter and ViralChoice effervescent. Will these medicine have a negative effect on Cymgen? I don''t really know what kind of other medicine to avoid while on this antidepressant. Can you please advise me?

I don't know ACC or Viralchoice - as a general rule, ALWAYS ask the pharmacist about possible drug interactions when you're on any significant medicine and buying an over-the-counter medication. We doctors who deal with prescription meds can't easily keep up with the non-prescription meds that become available, or their contents. Alternatively, the doctor who prescribed the Cymgen ( or any such drug _ for you, should have outlined for you any potential serious interactions and warned you if there were other meds that shouldnt be combined with the drug he was recommending for you. Check in the package when you received your Cymgen, too - there should be ( unless the pharmacist is in serious breach of the regulations ) a Package Insert, a folded page with small print that lists all likely significant interactions and precautions

1