Question
Posted by: camiè l | 2012/06/26

antidepressants and low libido

my husband is taking antidepressants,that causes him to have no interest in sex,what can we do

This is a duplication of my response to the next post...Antidepressants can have a negative impact on libido and also on slowing down orgasm (increases the orgasmic threshold), but they do not usually impact directly on arousal. I would suggest he speaks to his doctor to ask if he can go on another antidepressant that has fewer sexual side effects (they are there - eg. wellbutrin, zoloft). These medications may have a different side effect profile, so he needs to discuss this with his doctor and decide on a way forward. Ultimately, intimacy and sexual pleasure is still possible - just not how you're used to it. If his doctor is concerned about changing medication; you might need to either get a second opinion or find ways to adapt to these difficulties, bearing in mind, of course, that the depression is hopefully less of a problem now!

2
Posted by: Tati | 2012/07/19

All the convoluted polciy proposals for health care deal with how to finance coverage and not actual costs. I have yet to see anyone explain why I can fly to India and get bypass surgery for about a quarter of what I''d pay in the US, travel costs included. Government health care has already done to medical costs what fannie mae / freddie mac did to real estate prices  price doesn''t matter with no money down.

Reply to Tati
Posted by: Sexologist | 2012/06/26

Reply to Sexologist