Posted by: Nelly | 2012-04-20

Antidepressant for mild depression

Hi Doc,

What are the commonly prescribed antibiotics for mild depression?

Depression is not treated with antibiotics. Antibiotics are used to treat bacterial infections. There are a multitude of antidepressants on the market to treat depression and I suggest that you consult your doctor for appropriate medication.

Posted by: Anon | 2012-04-25

I cant believe this Dr''s answer, was uncalled for.

Posted by: Nelly | 2012-04-23

Dr as you would have gathered, that was a typo. In my haste, I wrote ''antibiotics'' in the body of my post, rather than the antidepressants, as indicated in the subject line.

I am on an antidepressant at the moment, but was wondering what the commonly used ones are.

Should have rather googled before posting.

Reply to Nelly