Question
Posted by: Val | 2010/03/02

Antideppresents

have been given antidepressant My doc started me on Cipralex, I didn''t experience much change except the headaches -so gave me Nuzak 20mg.
My questions is:
1. I took my last two tablets in half. So Friday- Mon was all half and then it was my last half yesterday of the Cipralex. Today(Tuesday) to I start with Nuzak full capsule straight away?
My doc said to wait a couple of days before starting Nuzak but my psychologist said to not skip a day. My doc was distracted allot so don''t know if he just didn''t have time to answer my question correctly.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Val, generally when switching from Escitalopram to Fluoxetine (Cipralex > Nuzak) no waiting period is rquired, meaning that after stopping the Cipralex, you can start the Fluoxetine the next day.

However, when swithing from Fluoxetine to another antidepressant (even back to cipralex) a waiting period IS advised.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/03/03

Reply to pharmacist