Posted by: Jason | 2009-04-17

Antibiotics-Pls Help

Hi, I wonder if you could advise me on something, My health has been very bad my entire life and I have always had some sort of illness. I go through stages where for months I will continually be ill in some form. What I am trying to explain is that I have been put on countless Antibiotics throughout my life, two years ago I was put on about 6 courses within 3 months due to a recurring bout of illness. Last year about 3 courses. Two months ago I had an ear infection and was put on another curse, it never cleared up and then I was put on another course. Now I fear I have another inner ear infection and am worried if I go to the doctor all they are going to do is put me on another course of antibiotics. Apart from the small fortune Ive had to spend on these antibiotics Im concerned for my health. I hate having to take antibiotics but no matter how many doctors I change they tell me I have to take them-especially when it comes to an inner ear problem. Are these Antibiotics killing me slowly? How do I know when to trust a doctor about Antibiotics and do I have to take them? I feel as though i' d rather wait until Im almost dying before taking another course of these. what are your views of this as an expert in medicine,

Expert ImagePharmacist

If an infection is present that warrants the use of antibiotic, then I do suggest using it.

I advise staying with one doctor (or specialist) to keep track of your condition and the efficacy of treatment. Next time ask your doctor whether he thinks an antibiotic will make a difference.

Best of luck!