Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2008/10/14

Antibiotics - make pill inactive

Hi there - i was bitten by a spider last Thursday and was put on Clindamycin antibiotics on Friday last week, will finish that tonight. on Saturday my husband and i had intercourse, and afterwards i figured out it was on my 12/13th day after first day of period, does the antiobiotics completely cancel the pill - i' m on YASMINE - do you think i' m pregnant?

Antibiotics do interfere with the efficacy of the Pill, so pregnancy is a possibility. You will have to wait and see if your period comes when expected.