Posted by: Lisa | 2009-03-13

Antibiotics - causing fungal infection

I am a 26 year old married female.
Generally wen I take antibiotics - I suffer from a fungal infection - Is there anything I could use or take to avoid this ? I know I can use fungal creams to help get rid of the infection - but I need to know if theres anything I could do to avoid the infection infection wen I take antibiotics ? Ive heard that yoghurt helps - must be taken just after you have had the antibody - is this true and if so , do I need to get a probiotic yoghurt or is any yoghurt fine ?

You can eat bulgarian or pro-biotic (Activia) yoghurt to prevent gastro-intestinal complications. The yoghurt can be eaten at any time during the day.

I am an HIV + woman and my 14yrs old daughter has worn my dirty swimming costume and after she started itching on her gentals is it possible that i could pass the virus to her this way