Question
Posted by: Annony | 2012/07/21

Antibiotics ans contraception

Will Ciprox (Ciproflaxin) Have effect on the affectiveness of my Triphasil contraception pills?

Yes, you should use extra precautions while on the antibiotics and for two weeks after.

2
Posted by: Sandra | 2012/08/04

Well, I guess you can disagree with the eificfency of Medicare if you wish but that would mean you were ignoring all the evidence. But I encounter this a lot with market fundamentalists. They aren''t too interested in evidence that counters their market fetishes. And the budget issue is not relevant to our conversation. Medicare costs are out of control because all health care costs are out of control. Centralizing insurance, as it has in every other Western nation, will help contol out of control medical costs. It won''t be a panacea but it will certainly help. And besides a universal Medicare for all program will get substantially more revenue. Instead of me dishing out $500 a month (with another $700 a month from my employer) for my family plan, that would go to a vastly more efficient government run insurance system that doesn''t have the extra costs of marketing, profit, and whole bureaucracies trying to figure out who not to insure.My only contention is that the government sometimes does better than the market and healtcare insurance is one such area. And please don''t use Canada and the UK as your prime examples. Those systems work better than our current one, but are not the model we should go for. Look at France and Germany and perhaps Japan which have single-payer systems with private hospitals and doctors that cost less and out perform or perform on par with us on every comparable measure. And the people there like it way more than they like our system. If you do a comparison, it really is a no-brainer.

Reply to Sandra