Question
Posted by: chatty | 2013/01/18

antibiotics and the pill

Hi.

I was prescribed antibiotics on wednesday, (amoxcl 500mg) (take 1 three times a day).so i took wednesday lunchtime, wednesday night, thursday morning and thursday lunchtime.Had sex on thursday night (i am on the yasmin pill) i would like to know if there could be a chance of pregnancy ...i have since stopped taking the antibiotics cos my inflamation has cleared....so i took 4xamoxcl in total before sex....please tell me im safe

Antibiotics can interfere with the Pill so the recommendation is to use extra precautions while using the antibiotics and for two weeks after.