Posted by: T | 2010-06-25

Antibiotics and pregnant

I would like to get peace of mind on this. I am 30 weeks now and i have terrible sinus and a cold. My Dr prescribed Otrivin metered spray and Ranmoxy 500mg antibiotics.
I want to know if it is 100% safe to take and it wont have any effect on my baby?!? Do you think it is safe for me to take?

It is safe to take and to complete the course of antibiotics. Otrivin should not however, be used longer than 7 to 10 days, as this product can cause worsening symptoms of your sinusitis. You can use a saline nasal spray safely.

After delivery, you should consult an ENT specialist to have x-rays and a possible CT scan of your sinusses done, to determine the best way to treat your chronic condition.