Question
Posted by: Stacey | 2011/08/15

Antibiotics and diet pills

Hi Doc, I would like to know if I can continue taking my herbal weight loss capsules while on antibiotics.

Dear Stacey
It all depends on which antibiotics and which herbal weight loss capsules you are taking. This is a question that you should ask your pharmacist who dispensed the antibiotics. If your herbal weight loss capsules cause constant diarrhoea or contain bulking agents, they may interfere with the absorption of the antibiotic. Certain herbal ingredients can also cause interactions with pharmaceutical medications, so always tell your doctor or pharmacist what other over-the-counter pills and products you are using to find out if there can be harmful interactions or loss of efficacy.
Take care

1

Dear Stacey
Take care