Question
Posted by: desire | 2010/06/10

antibiotics and contraceptives

I have read a few articles on the above mentioned and they all have different answers. Can you please tell me how long after taking antibiotics I will be " safe"  again?

I also would like to know if Panafcort is an antibiotic too? I am using AugMaxcil.

Hallo desire
Panafcort is a cortisone. The problem with taking Antibiotics is that it may influence the working of the liver, affecting the metabolism of the pill. Antibiotics may also influence the "good bacteria" in the gut that is necessary for the absorbtion of the pill. However, not all antibiotics effect the pill to the same extent.It is always better to be cautious and use extra contraception like condoms until your next menstruation.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/10

Hallo desire