Question
Posted by: angie | 2012/08/12

antibiotics and contraceptive pill (yasmin)

Hi there,

I have been taking yasmin for the past 3 years, everyday at the same time.

Last month on the 8th of July, I had a bladder infection and was put on antibiotics until wednesday 11th July. It didnt go away so I went to the doctor on the 16th July and was prescribed antibiotics to take until that friday 20th July (5 days).

I asked my doctor about precautions for my pill perhaps being inactive during this time and he said to use precautions for a month, and to keep taking my pill like I have been (even though the next week after taking the antibiotics was my inactive tablets and when i had my period like normal).

I would just like to make sure if you perhaps know when my pill will be effective again?

You should take extra precautions for two weeks after completing the antibiotics.

1