Question
Posted by: Jan | 2010/01/27

Antibiotics

I' ve been on a course of antibiotics, Flagyl, to help with abdominal cramping, frequent BM' s with mucus, since Saturday...today is Wednesday. The cramping has lessened as has the BM problem, but now I' m having periods of dizziness when I stand or move my head from side to side as well as a rash on my abdomen and groin. I still have 5 days of antibiotics remaining. I was told to continue them for 7 days following a clearing of the bowel problem. I had to bring a stool sample to the hospital for analysis on Saturday and haven' t heard anything from the doctor. Could the dizziness be a reaction to the antibiotics? Should I contact my doctor' s office? I hate contact them, as the nurse is not very forthcoming and often doesn' t return calls from the doctor, though I doubt that the doctor has ignored my call. I' m not due to return for three months. Thank you in advance.

Hallo Jan
The results of the stool sample should be available by now. I am worried about the rash as it may be due to the Flagyl, so please rather go for a follow up visit to your doctor so that he can have a look at it

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/28

Hallo Jan

Reply to cyberdoc