Posted by: anon | 2009-09-22

Antibiotic allergy?

I went to my gp on Friday and was diagnosed with kidney infection. She prescribed Lacteol Forte (I completed the course yesterday) Clopamon, Genpayne and Ciprobay XR 1000mg. I' m feeling better but since yesterday my whole body is itching. It' s especially bad on the palms of my hands and soles of my feet. I took a Deselex during the night and the itch subsided somewhat. Am I allergic to my meds or is the itching not related? What can I do to relieve it?

Dear Anon
You may be allergic to one of the medications. Taking Deselex was the right thing to do and you should take it for a few days if possible. Please let your doctor know. If the Deselex does not help enough you may need a cortisone injection/tablets.

Posted by: anon | 2009-09-22

Thank you very much!

Reply to anon