Question
Posted by: Confused | 2008/12/17

Anti Malaria tabs and IVF

I am going on holiday to a malaria area. One week after returning from the holiday i am due to start my ivf protocol. What antimalaria tablets can I take which won' t interfere with my IVf ?

Dear Confused
Honestly - I would suggest you cancel your vacation - no malaria medication is considered totally safe in the first 3 months of pregnancy except Proguanil and choloquine combination, which is not regarded as 100% effective these days. Talk to a travel clinic near you - they will know what is effective for the area you plan to visit, or postpone your IVF with 3 months
www.travelclinic.co.za