Question
Posted by: Jay | 2010-04-14

Anti-inflammatories in Pregnancy

I know you are not supposed to drink any anti-inflammatories during pregnancy, but I have RA and am really battling on only panados. I am 10 weeks pregnant at the moment, will it be ok if I have 1 Coxflam (15mg) once a week? I had one a week ago, and it really really helped the pain. After I took it I spoke to a GP and he said no way, only panados. Only seeing my gynae at 12 weeks, but I am in a lot of pain.

I would suggest that you do not use anything other than Panado till after 12 weeks. Occasional ant-infalmmatories are probably okay till about 32 weeks.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-04-16