Question
Posted by: Frank Lawson | 2011/10/10

anti depression medication

My wife 57yr old is being treated for major depression the last 9yr. Medication was was added (Epitec 100mg) 2 months ago.
Currently on Wellbutrin 300mg x 1, Venlor 150mg,
Xanor SR .5mg x 2daily , Trepiline 10mg x1 , Etomine x 40mg,
Ativan 2.5mg X1. Please advise. Seem medication is clashing.
Overall mental state not good.

At least there's no Propofol on the list !
Sorry, but that is a bizarre and long list of meds for anyone to be on. If it originates from a GP, I think it is long past high time your wife be seen by a really good local specialist psychiatrist for a full re-assessment and discussion of treatment realities.
If she IS being treated by a psychiatrist, maybe he/she has some excellent reasons for this odd combination ( including three antidepressants and three sedative tranquillizers ) and maybe with a long story of treating a depression not responding well to orthodox treatments, such a cocktail might be arrived at. Even then, I'd respectfully suggest asking for a second opinion, for a re-assessment, to get a fresh viewpoint on the best treatment for her. Especially as you say her condition is not good despite all this medication.

2
Posted by: Romany | 2011/10/10

Hectic ! I would also not be in a good mental state if I drank all those. In fact Xanor on ots own is poison nevermind mixing it with other tablets....

Reply to Romany