Question
Posted by: Depressed | 2009/03/30

Anti Depression Medication

Doc can you please tell me how long does it take for Anti Depressant medication to be effective? I have been on Anti Depressant Medications for the past 16 days and yet I don' t feel any better.

We can't specify this to the very day, but generally, if one particular AD is to be helpful, this will be clear within 2 to 3 weeks. If there is little change, then your shrink should re-assess you and try a different AD. ebcause there are intricate diferences in our internal chemistry, some of us do much better on one AD rather than another.