Posted by: T | 2008-12-09

Anti depressants and weght problem

Hi Doc!

I have been taking anti depressants ( Cilift) for a year now and have gained a lot of weight since on medication. what causes this and what can i do.I jog regularly. How can i go back to my old self again without taking medication and how can i get rid of the weight.

Please help.

A precise cause hasn't been identified. SOME people on Most antiodepressants MAY gain weight, some don't. Diet and exercise is still the best way of dealing with it. If it becomes a major problem, discuss it with your shrink, to select an alternative AD, similar to the one that suiited you, which may handle the depression without necessarily having this effect.