Question
Posted by: jakkie | 2012/05/29

Anti-depressants

If one must take an anti-depressant while pregnant, which one would Dr consider to be the most safest one with the most known side-effects? And would it be wise to not be on anything for the first twelve weeks? Your feedback would be much appreciated.

I would hesitate to make a broad, one-size-fits-all pronouncement here - see my response in detail to a neighbouring question from someone wantingto stop Cipralex for a planned pregnancy, as there I cover most of the relevant points.
Some ADs are definitely safer than others, but you need to consult a good local psychiatrist for a full up-to-date assessment of your diagnosis and outlook, so as to balance the risks of taking and AD during pregnany, with the risks of suffering a serious depression during pregnany.

1