Question
Posted by: Gill | 2010-05-12

anti depressants

I have just found out that Im pregnant (+- 7 weeks). I am taking 100mg faverin and 25mg equinorm per day. Will this harm the baby? Will the baby be ok if I wean off these anti depressants?

Hallo Gill
Please discuss this with your gyne as soon as possible. Equinorm should preferably not be used in the first 3 months of pregnancy, and Faverin is not proven to be 100% safe in pregnancy. However, it is not advised that one stops the medication without tapering it off. I would aslo not advise that you go untreated as it may increase your risk of post natal depression. They could maybe prescribe something like Wellbutrin instead. See http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/antidepressants/DN00007

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-05-13

Hallo Gill

Reply to cyberdoc