Question
Posted by: Rosie | 2009-06-16

Anti Depressants

I have been on anti depressants for years. Currently on Venlor 150mg SR. I am experiencing one side effect very badly : excessive sweating. Is there any other tablet that does not have this terrible side effect? I cannot stop using it - do not want to be in the dark hole again!

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Rosie

Excessive sweating is indeed a side-effect of venlafaxine, the active ingredient of Venlor. Unfortunately the same adverse effect is possible with other products in the same pharmacological class. It is therefore advised that you discuss this with your doctor to determine whether a different class of medication would be suitable.

Best of luck.