Posted by: anti meds | 2009-03-24

Anti depressants

I have been on Cymbalta for about 6 months . I have slowly " weaned"  myself off them in the last month.. now that I have stopped all together I have flu like symptoms (2 days now) could it be a sort off " cold turkey"  I' m going through because I have stopped the cybalta? The only other medication I am on is for High BP and Cholesterol which I have been takeing for a few years now...

Dear Anti meds
Withdrawal symptoms noted are dizziness (12.4%), nausea (5.9%), headache (5.3%), paresthesia (2.9%), vomiting (2.4%), irritability (2.4%), and nightmares (2.0%) Flu like symptoms have been reported by abrupt stopping of Cymbalta.
If you have weaned yourself off it slowly, it is unlikely that the flu symptoms are caused by stopping the cymbalta.

Posted by: anti meds | 2009-03-25

Thanks for your reply, How long do withdrawal symptoms last?

Reply to anti meds