Posted by: Sam | 2008-12-18

anti depressants

My doc has changed my medication from Lorien to Cipralex. Forgot to ask him why and

how do I do the change over. immediatly the Lorien finishes do i go on to the Cipralex or is there a period that I must wait? )I shouldn' t think so.

Also will the change over improve my sexual drive? At the moment I have to pretend more often than not. Would love to feel my old self again.

Thanks Sam

Its always important to ask why. Cipralex is very much over-prescribed, for reasons that intrigue me, but is an effective antidepressant, just like others. But very much more expensive than Lorien. If the doctor didn't explain WHY he or she was recommending the change, or how to make the change, then he or she did not do the job properly, I have no idea what he/she was intending --- phone his/her office, explain to the receptionist that your doc did not explain these important things to you, and you urgently need to know what to do.
We vary in the extent to which any particular AD might reduce your libido ( sexual desire ) --- you may find this less of a problem on Cipralex, though there are some other ADs on which this is significantly less of a problem