Question
Posted by: Cravings | 2008/10/17

Anti Depressants

I would like to know which diet pills I can use with anti depressant medication Ciipralex?

Can Cipralex increase my food cravings?

Dear Cravings
Because diet pills that either contain epinephrine or compounds that affect serotonin metabolism will interfere with your Cipralex, you need to discuss the use of any kind of diet pills with the dr who is prescribing your antidepressant. My copy of MIMS does not list weight gain or loss or any changes in appetite as side-effects, so your cravings could be caused by a lack of carbohydrates in your diet. Diets that restrict carbohydrate can cause a type of rebound craving for these foods. To counteract this phenomenon, try eating low glycaemic index (GI) carbs at each meal and if necessary as a snack, esp in the afternoon when your blood sugar levels may be very low. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI for tips on low-GI foods.