Question
Posted by: TB | 2011/03/14

Anti-depressant medication change

Hi, I am planning to fall pregnant through IVF shortly. My understanding is that Cymgen is not safe in pregnancy and have therefore started a cross-over period from Cymgen to Cipramil. I also take Lamictin, 250mg, reducing to 150mg.

What are the symptoms that can be experienced during this cross-over period, if any? eg anxiety, possible depression symptoms.

My obvious choice would have been to remain on Cymgen, but clearly this could harm the baby!

Thank you!

I'm not sure there are clear rules externally about these sensible questions - you really have to ask all these questions of your psychiatrist, who should have been answering them for you, in detail. If the cross-over, between similar meds, is done well, I don't think there need be any symptoms during the process

1