Question
Posted by: LT | 2008/08/25

Anti-depressant and getting help

I am 29 years old. I have 2 young children (aged 3 and a half and 1 and a half). Generally, over the past two years - I have become increasingly moody, exhausted and cannot cope with even the smallest of tasks.

My doctor has prescribed Cylift and I am speaking to someone but they keep asking me " why I am unhappy" , " why I cannot cope"  - I cannot answer any of those questions. How can I address these issues if I have no clue what is going on with me?

Those are gnerally very silly questions for anyone to ask you --- they are often unanswerable, and anyhow, none of their business. Many depressions arise for chemical reasons without any obvious external "cause". Why do you feel compelled to answer these questions ? Ask for referral to a psychologist providing CBT, as this would help you regain better control of the situation and to beat the habit of depression