Question
Posted by: Daniella | 2008/11/18

Anti Depressant

I am using Venlafaxine anti-depressants (effexor 150) 300 per day. I am also lactating. Should i discontinue use?

I can't really answer this at a distance, and you should consult your prescribing doctor who presumably has assessed and knows you. If there are strong medical reasons for continuing the Venlafaxine, it may be wiser to discontinue breat-feding. Venlafaxine IS excreted in breast milk, but it doesn't seem clear whether this is significant in its impact on nthe infant, or not. Having a severely depressed mom isnt giood for an infant.