Question
Posted by: Paul | 2011/04/11

Anti-booze inplants

I am a heavy binge drinker and the only way to curb my habit is through anti-booze. The oral anti-booze does not help and I drink on top of it.
I had 2 implants years ago but both times and in 4 - 7 weeks my body rejected it.
I subsequently had 2 successful implants - called Swedish implants as the contents of the pills differ from the normal pills prescribed in South Africa.
However, the medical practice where it was performed closed down and me, nor my doctor could find the correct names and difference in implant types. My quest at medical specialists in this field yield no result. My GP will gladly do the implants but I have to find the name of the correct pill''s.
Please advise.

Paul

Hallo Paul
I checked in the MIMS (medicines registered in SA) and only Antabuse is listed. It may have been something different to Antabuse like Naltrexone. Naltrexone is unfortunately not registered in South Africa any more, but can be prescribed with MCC approval per patient and can then be ordered from overseas (e.g. using an online pharmacy).

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/11

Hallo Paul