Question
Posted by: skank | 2009-06-15

Anti booze

I have a question regarding anti booze. I need to know, what it is? how does one get put on it? and does it work?

Dear Skank
ANTABUSE (disulfiram) interferes with the normal metabolism of alcohol in the body, causing increased concentration of acetaldehyde in the blood. When a patient undergoing treatment with ANTABUSE drinks alcohol, marked unpleasant symptoms will be experienced within about 10 minutes. Symptoms: flushing of the skin, fast heart rate, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, throbbing headache, visual disturbance, mental confusion, fainting, and even circulatory collapse. (So should NEVER be given to a patient without his knowledge!!) Reactions to alcohol may occur up to 14 days following intake of disulfiram. They can't even use aftershave with alcohol in it, or cough syrups or anything containing even small amounts of alcohol.
You can take it in a pill or implanted beneath the skin.