Question
Posted by: Scared | 2008/10/09

Anti-biotics

I was on anti-biotics for 6 days wile using the pill. Now I would like to know when the anti-biotics will be out of my system because I am scared to not using protection and maybe fall pregnant. Please can you assist me in advicing me how long does anti-biotics stay in your system and when will the pill be fully active after I stoped using anti-biotics?

I think that a conservative approach would be to use barrier contraception (or abstinence) for up to 7 days, but the advice is mixed, including some who say the impact is negligeable, to others who say to use other forms of contraception whilst taking the antibiotic. If you're scared, rather be safe than sorry, and next time check this out with your GP or pharmacist.