Question

Anti Aging Creams

I am turning 29 this year, in May &  would like to know if i should start using anti-aging products (like face cream, eye cream etc.)

If I shouldn''t start now, then at what age should i start?

I currently use Dermalogica products on my face.

Thank you :)

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anon, thank you for the question.

Your best topical treatment is a good SPF (50 or higher) that must contain zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide and applied several times daily. Furthermore you should practice sun avoidance as much as possible (hats, umbrella, etc.). Your biggest threat in the ageing process is the UV rays and if these are prevented from reaching the skin the battle is already half won.

Generally speaking it is a good idea in using good topical products even from a young age but the type of product and its ingredients will change as we get older as the skin has different requirements.

Ideally one would like to examine the skin and even perform a VISIA skin analysis before deciding on the best topical regime for your skin.
I am a firm believer in alpha and polyhydroxy acids, growth factors, stem cell derivatives, and antioxidants so my advice would be (as a general rule) that you start using these types of anti-ageing creams at your age. One final note: the price of topical products is not always equal to the quality of the product – the ingredients used are the most important.

2
Posted by: JERMINAH | 2012/03/14

I am 54 yrs old and i have using anti-aging SPF 30 cream for the past 7yrs and if i want to change it to spf 50 where can i find it and whish product

Reply to JERMINAH
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012/01/30

Hi Anon, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert