Question
Posted by: ? | 2008/09/09

anti-ageing cream

When is the best age to start using anti-ageing face creams? And what products would you recommend? I have normal to dry skin.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello “?”, thank you for the question.

The best age to start ‘anti-ageing’ creams is actually as soon as you are exposed to the sun. This is your cornerstone topical treatment regime and the SPF of your choice should contain zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide. There are a number of ingredients to look out for that has been shown to have beneficial effects on the skin. Furthermore our requirements change, depending on one’s age and the degree of sun damage. As a rough guideline I would start looking at a topical regime as early as your twenties.
An example for your topical regime should consist of products with the following ingredients:
Facial wash with glycolic acid.
Day moisturizer with alphahydroxy acids.
Anti-oxidants such as Prevage (0.05%) or Prevage MD (0.1%), Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Alpha Lipoic Acid, etc.
Night moisturizer with polyhydroxy acids, vitamin A, and vitamin C.
All of the above ingredients can be found with a number of product ranges such as NeoStrata, Environ, Nimue, etc.

2
Posted by: Theresa | 2008/09/15

I have a very very dry skin. No creams really moisturizes my skin, its always feeling tight.
My hands for instance has a lot of wrinkles on the inside and outside.
I would like to find out what ingredients a cream should have for a skin like mine? and what vitamins should I be taking? Im only 25 yrs old.
What soap , cream and vitamins should I take or use and how long will it be before I will see a difference?
Please help!

Thanx Theresa

Reply to Theresa
Posted by: ? | 2008/09/09

Oh, just incase you need more info, I am 25 yrs old, and have indian skin.

Reply to ?