Question
Posted by: Dee | 2010/02/04

Anti-age regime, when to start?

I am 28 and are starting to see the signs of ageing, pigementation, uneven skin tone and wrinkles around the eyes.

At what age does one start an anti-ageing regime and at which products should I use?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Dee, thank you for the question.

This is definitely the time to start your ‘anti-ageing’ regime as you are starting to see the development of wrinkles and sun damage.

Your first and most important step is to use a good SPF (50 or higher) applied several times daily that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide and to practice sun avoidance as much as possible. I would look at products such as NeoStrata, Environ, Nimue, etc. that contain ingredients such as alphahydroxy acids (glycolic acid), polyhydroxy acids (lactobionic acid), vitamin C, vitamin A derivatives, and other anti-oxidants.

You should have a cosmetic dermatologist or an aesthetic medical practitioner examine the skin and advise you on the best treatment approach.
We also do a VISIA skin analysis on our patients as this not only determines the improvement of the treatment regime chosen but also highlights the damage that is to appear in 5 to 10 years; this allows us to start specific treatments to further reduce the ageing process.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/02/07

Hi Dee, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert