Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2008/06/30

Antenatal checkups

I'm a small business owner and every cent counts. I have two employees that are currently pregnant - both who go to government clinics for their check-ups. When one of the employees goes for her antenatal checkups she only goes for as long as it takes to see the nurse - which is usually about half a day and she returns to work. The other takes the full day off. What is the best way to allocate this leave: Normal Leave or Sick Leave and/or do I have to give her the full day as leave? If one can get her appointments done quickly, why can't the other??

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

it suggested that employees use the day as a day of sick leave.