Posted by: Queeny | 2009-03-24

Antenatal check ups

I found out late February that I am pregnant. The Doc informed me to come for monthly check ups. On my first visit, he just check if I am pregnant. The test was positive, so he gave me a prescription of 6 months.
On thursday, 19 March was my second visit. He just checked my BP, how far am I and asked me a few questions regarding changes in my body.

I am worried that I am just paying for the consultation fee for nothing. I friend informed me that the Doc was suppose to do a couple of tests on my first or second visit, but nothing happened.

What is the Doc suppose to do on these monthly visits?
I am 9 weeks.

You should have blood tests to check your blood group, and haemoglobin. A scan would also be helpful at this stage.