Posted by: bibi | 2010-04-29

ante nuptial

hi i am married in above legal agreement, not community of property but ante nuptial contract. My husb wants a divorce and says he is busy with his lawyer. I am unemployed what can i expect in terms of what is due to me and our 2 kids. I need to mention that he was in full agreement of me resigning to take care of the kids, now i feel tricked! Must i get my own lawyer or first wait for his to come with papers and then take it from there... how do i approach this to protect myself from the cheating bastard!

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Hi Bibi,

It is important that you try to both address the situation as civil as possible for the children's sake. It should be taken into account that it was agreed that you stop work to take care of the children and then many more things should be considered. How old are you children now? Are still wanting to be a full time mother. What are your options to secure your future and find another job? What kind of custody agreement would you consider and agree on?

SADSA first and foremost encourages people to mediate before involving lawyers but if this is not an option for you than you will have to appoint your own lawyer. You can contact me directly for a legal referral.