Question
Posted by: Insulin Resistant | 2013-02-01

Antagolin

I am insulin resistant (fasting insulin of 38.4 and fasting blood glucose of 5.4). I have seen my GP but he says that since my fasting blood glucose level is below 5.5 I can still get my insulin down using diet and exercise. I have been eating healthy (similar to a diabetic) and exercising for over a month now but haven’ t even lost a single kg. A lady at dischem suggested I take Antagolin. I have read both good and bad reviews. Does it really help you lose the weight?

Dear Insulin Resistant
Some Readers have said that they use Antagolin, but as it has not been exposed to exhaustive testing yet, I cannot really recommend it. If you use an insulin resistance medication such as Glucophage this will hopefully help with weightloss, but the correct diet and exercise remain the primary aids to improving insulin resistance and weightloss. It is essential for anyone with insulin resistance or diabetes to consult a registered dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in treatment. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will take your IR, medications and other conditions such as overweight, into account when working out a diet for you, which will be based on low-fat foods with a low glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes’. Regular daily aerobic exercise for at least 30 min per day can also help you to improve your insulin and glucose levels, so start doing an aerobic exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).

1

Cananyone use it even without having insulin resistance?