Question
Posted by: Debra | 2010/08/17

Antabuse

Dear Doc

my boyfriend has had the Antabuse Implant before and finds it very successful but he since has moved from Pretoria to Cape Town and now is looking for a hospital/doctor where he can have the implant done in Cape Town.

please help!

Kind Regards,
Debra

Hallo Debra
Any GP should be able to help him with this. Look on medpages.co.za -free search for GP's in his area or the yellow pages.

9
Posted by: Mariola Luzynski | 2010/12/01

Hi , i am living in Alberton i am looking for doctor who is dooing antybuse implants .

Reply to Mariola Luzynski
Posted by: Sonja | 2010/09/01

Thanks Debra

She is on the tablets now and her psyc said that the implants are not being done anymore? Who is the doctor,perhaps the psyc has the incorrect info.

Sonja

Reply to Sonja
Posted by: Debra | 2010/08/18

Hi Sonja

i managed to track down a doctor yesterday who does the implant in cape town.

i am not sure where you are located but surely he will know of colleagues in other areas that does the implant.

let me know if you require the information.

Good Luck with your sister!

Regards,
Debra

Reply to Debra | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/05/06

Hi there your post says you have found a Dr in CT that does these implants. Can you pls share their contact details.

Posted by: sonja | 2010/08/17

Thanks Debra, that is amazing to know. My sister has been battling with alcoholism for a number of years now, and this is really good to know next time she goes to see a doctor.

Thanks again!

Reply to sonja
Posted by: Debra | 2010/08/17

Hi Sonja

Antabuse is an implant done under the skin which helps alcoholics to " stop"  drinking.

it does not deter cravings, but basically your immune/digestive system does not break down the alcohol once consumed and you get very severe side effects. it is so severe it can make you stop drinking altogether.

there''s alot on the internet about it but im struggling to find a doctor/hospital in the western cape that actually does in the implant.

thanks
Debra

Reply to Debra
Posted by: sonja | 2010/08/17

Hi there,

Sorry for the ignorance, what is antabuse? Is it for substance abuse, if so, can you give me more information? you say its an implant?

Sonja

Reply to sonja
Posted by: Debra | 2010/08/17

oops, sorry wrong e-mail address - NERD!

Reply to Debra
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/17

Hallo Debra